Women in International Security Austria (WIIS Austria) is launching the first round of “Encouraging Excellencies”, a mentoring programme developed in close partnership with H. E. Ambassador Véronique Roger-Lacan.
The goal is connecting female students in their early years of university with experienced diplomats, to offer guidance and thereby encouraging them to enter the diplomatic field.
Through empowering young women, we wish to improve their opportunities to take on leadership roles at all levels of decision-making in political and public life as well as working working towards gender equality in international peace and security.
- Young women at the beginning of their university careers apply through their Universities to the mentoring program – a list of partner universities will be uploaded soon!
- Universities check for basic requirements of potential candidates
- WIIS Austria assembles suitable candidates
- Mentors get the final pick for their mentee from the pool of suitable candidates
- Mentoring will start in the Spring of 2019
- Mentoring can take place in a time period between one to four years
- Women in International Security Austria will be organizing the framework and offering help to both mentors and mentees
If you are a student interested in becoming a mentee, click here.
If you are a diplomat interested in becoming a mentor, click here.
If you have any questions, send us an email to email@example.com.